Monday 17 August 2015

Keegan Hirst Is The First British Rugby League Player To Come Out As Gay

The Batley Bulldogs prop said: “The only time I felt free of the torment was when I stepped on the rugby pitch. Now I feel free.”

mirror.co.uk

The 27-year-old told the Sunday Mirror: "At first I couldn't even say 'I'm gay' in my head, let alone out loud. Now I feel like I'm letting out a long breath that I've held in for a long time."

He said: "She blamed herself when we ­separated, but I knew she'd done nothing wrong. I couldn't bear it any more, the guilt of it all, of her not knowing why I left. It was eating me up. I went to her and asked if I could have a word. My stomach was in knots. We sat at the kitchen table and I said, 'There's something I need to tell you'.

"I couldn't get the words out, I felt like I was going to be sick. But I managed to say it. She didn't say anything at first. I explained why and how I felt, it was very emotional. We were both in tears."


View Entire List ›


http://bzfd.it/1JcXk9I

No comments:

Post a Comment